Search This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Planting Spring Time Flowers!


It was a beautiful sunshiny day yesterday. I just had to be outside. So I had my kids come out and help me plant some snapdragons.


The gardening tools were a bit much for them, so I just ended up handing them spoons. My 7 year old was an all-star at this. Dig a hole, put in the flower, cover it back up, give it a drink of water. I had to help my barely 5 year-old dig a few holes when her hands started getting tired.

My 2 year old wanted to dig too...in all the wrong places. So I brought out something to distract him: our new pet goats. Meet Oreo and Nilla, our 4 week old Nigerian Pygmy goats. Having grown up without so much as a goldfish, this is a bit of an adjustment. But I've got to say, they are a lot of fun. They are silly and playful, and bottle feeding them is just so cute. Highly recommend everyone gets a goat :)

After everyone was tired we went inside for dinner: flower salad (grapes, with a chocolate chip center, an apple slice stem, and some spinach leaves for grass/weeds) and lasagne.


All in all, a great day! And only a few short weeks until we go full force with summer school. Lesson plans to be posted soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment